Data Engineer - ML Ops (m/f/x)
Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, GermanyEngineering
Who You’ll Work For:
Makersite is an award-winning data software company that empowers teams to manage product sustainability, cost, and compliance; simultaneously, from a web browser. Our mission is to help manufacturing companies make better decisions and create safer, more sustainable products through data-driven analysis. We believe that technology can help corporations to have a more positive impact on their environment. That is why we developed a platform that uses cutting edge technology, big data, and breakthrough algorithms to deliver product intelligence unlike anything on the market.
For manufacturing companies with complex supply chains that want to accelerate product development, build resilience or reduce costs, Makersite is a disruptive digital twin platform that uses AI to connect and enrich cross-departmental data into live models for analysis, collaboration and decision support. Digital twins can be used to understand how externalities like regulations, supply shortages etc. affect a business and help teams evaluate scenarios taking into account multiple criteria like costs, environment, compliance etc. at the same time.
Who We’re Looking For:
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing team. This role will be reporting to the VP Engineering and you will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. Ideally you will be experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives
What You’ll Do:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Python.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
The Right Person Would Have:
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- ML Deployment experience
- Cloud based Infrastructure preferred
- Ability to build things from scratch
- Advanced knowledge of Python.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Managing and building scraping tools.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, and stream processing
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- We are looking for a candidate with 3+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with Python, Java, Scala, etc.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Belonging - Be part of the sustainability megatrend
- Development – a steep learning-curve , both personally and professionally
- Pride - Do amazing work with an international, vibrant and passionate top-class team
- Passion - International customers that love what we do and share our vision
- Remote Working - Work 100% remote if you like
- Values-driven culture - we're really proud of our culture.
- Time-Off - 30 days of paid time off per year.
- Technology – State of the art equipment.
- Competitive salary
What to expect when you apply
If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!. We look forward to receiving your detailed CV together with a cover letter. If it’s a match, we’ll invite you to a series of interviews.
We try to keep the process short and sweet, to welcome you at Makersite as soon as possible!
Support – If you have a medical condition or an individual need for an adjustment to our process, and you believe this may affect your ability to beat at your best – please let us know so we can talk about how we can best support you and make any adjustments that may be needed
So, what does it really mean to work at Makersite?
At Makersite, we come together with a shared purpose to help companies around the world improve their products so they are more successful while being mindful of their customers and the environment. Therefore, we believe everyone deserves to work in a collaborative, open-minded and inspiring environment. We work hard to make sure everyone has the support they need to thrive. Our 3 core values are diversity, purpose and collaboration:
- We believe that good ideas come from anywhere. We embrace diversity and look for team members who have different skills but similar values.
- We want to make a significant impact on the take, make, waste economy of today. We believe that technology can provide solutions that enable this and work hard to make our ideas a reality.
- No politics, no drama, no slacking. We believe in technology-enabled collaboration. Whether you are working remotely or in our offices, you will always find someone to help you.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Makersite, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We believe that diverse teams are the best teams and we're proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law).
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.